JA Moody is dedicated to providing excellence in sales and service to its customer base in the Marine Industry. We will work tirelessly to obtain the best cost effective solutions to keep your shipboard equipment functioning. Our objective is to deliver our products and services to our customers on time and on budget.
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative (Norfolk, VA)
Outside Sales Representatives are responsible to prospect and generate new business. This position requires cold calling on commercial accounts in the field to generate new clients and sales. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of JA Moody’s services and pricing structure.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate solutions.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Once available, utilize the company’s Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- Complete required customer reports and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly communicate with National Sales Director and/or Executive Vice President to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Call upon clients and prospects to sell JA Moody product
- Attend tradeshows in territory
- Submit call reports twice a month
- Participate in sales calls as required
- Follow up with clients after they receive quotations
- Organize and strategize best quoting approach for each solicitation
- Call upon clients throughout the assigned territory
- Respond to Requests for Quotations (RFQ) and/or Request for Proposals (RFP) as required and follow up as necessary
- Work with Inside Sales representatives as needed to close sales
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Education/Required: 4 year post secondary education, or equivalent experience.
- Licensure/Credentials Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Experience Required: 5 years of technical sales experience in the maritime or US Navy industry. Knowledge of US Government contracting. Proficiency in the use of computers for data storage, word processing, spreadsheets, the use of E-mail, and the ability to access the Internet.
- Preferred: Valves and Actuation devices and their operation.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the maritime valve industry.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Previous cold calling experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Preferred: Knowledge of US Navy systems and equipment that use JA Moody’s products.